Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ballad of Sweet.

I've been talking to the water,
And all it's been telling me,
Is just complete nonsense,
I've come to known to be,
The reflection of what I say,
Everytime I see you,
So please give me another chance,
And I'll respond to you, too.

I've been walking alongside a path,
That seems to lead me to nowhere.
But I haven't strayed just yet,
And I don't think I ever will bear,
The feeling of all hope lost,
Because you never shut the door completely,
You never thought about the cost.

So as I drink this coffee, and listen to this song,
I will consider it my life, some darnkess with some soul.
I'll add a little sugar, I'd hope it to be love,
But if I have to settle for sweet n'low,
I'll wait against your kitchen door.
But if I have to settle for sweet n'low,
I'll wait against your kitchen door.

Now I have to face the fact,
That you for me are forever gone.
She will be the one you care for.
You'll be with her from dusk 'til dawn.
This is it for thoughts of you and me,
As I wipe this table clean.

And as I drink this coffee, and listen to this song,
I will consider it my life, some darnkess with some soul.
I'll add a little sugar, I'd hope it to be love,
But if I have to settle for sweet n'low,
I'll wait against your kitchen door.
But if I have to settle for sweet n'low,
I'll wait against your kitchen door.

You tell me she for you is not to be,
The door creaks open a bit more.
Yet I know this will never happen,
And simply the thought makes my heart sore.
But I repeat this to myself everyday,
"If it's meant to be, it's meant to be"
I just really want it to be.

And as I drink this coffee, and listen to this song,
I will consider it my life, some darnkess with some soul.
I'll add a little sugar, I'd hope it to be love,
But if I have to settle for sweet n'low,
I'll wait against your kitchen door.
But if I have to settle for sweet n'low,
I'll wait against your kitchen door.



Okay so I spent a million years trying to think of a last verse. And this doesn't fully satisfy me, but I like it.

1 comment:

Tacobomb said...

Your song is Awesome!!